[GTALUG] Intel GPU support for HDMI 2.0 (UltraHD)

o1bigtenor o1bigtenor at gmail.com
Wed Feb 12 12:15:58 EST 2020

On Wed, Feb 12, 2020 at 11:01 AM D. Hugh Redelmeier via talk
<talk at gtalug.org> wrote:

> | From: o1bigtenor via talk <talk at gtalug.org>
>
> | To Mr Hugh (hope I have that correct!)
>
> You don't have to be so formal.  "Hugh" is fine.
>
> | Looked in my email fine and search doesn't return anything appropriate for
> | GTALug + lightening talk.
> |
> | Would you be able to provide a link so that I might 'see' such?
> | (Distance makes personal attendance somewhat challenging!)
>
> We have a great team recording each meeting.  You could surf our
> YouTube channel for our other wonderful talks.  Here's what Alex
> posted about January's meeting:

My search terms would not have given what you have included.

> From talk at gtalug.org Sat Jan 25 22:16:48 2020
> From: Alex Volkov via talk <talk at gtalug.org>
> To: GTALUG Talk <talk at gtalug.org>
> Date: Sat, 25 Jan 2020 22:16:44 -0500
> Subject: [GTALUG] January 2020 meeting videos
>
> Hello everyone,
>

> Here are the videos from our January meeting
>

> * What I've learned about Ultra HD with D. Hugh Redelmeier --
> https://youtu.be/i-eXS-1wdzI
>
> * Chris' intro to Kubernetes -- https://youtu.be/F7z8AZjS28U
>
> * ZEO Bedside 2020 with Seneca Cunningham -- https://youtu.be/NIMRI3wr1Yc
>
> * LUG community organizing and meetup.com with Alex Volkov --
> https://youtu.be/0I880MBDAXM
>

> Here are these videos in a single playlist --
> https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLUgE6dqIXiEukZ9-hlcBfMniy_avsB6bQ
>

> I would like to know you opinion -- Should I send the email about posted
> videos to announce list, or just sending it to talk is enough?

I now remember the email. When I was looking for the email though - - - I
used lightening talk in my search terms and that 'term' isn't included anywhere
in the email.

For me - - - - the announcement as it was made is great. Maybe adding something
like 'lightening talk videos' or some such would make it easier to
search for that
particular email. The title of the talk is useful but as at least I am
thinking of the various
talks as GTALug lightening talk topic/blah/blah finding what I'm
looking for just wasn't
happening.

Thanking you for your assistance

Regards