[GTALUG] information storage ideas

o1bigtenor o1bigtenor at gmail.com
Mon Dec 14 13:24:06 EST 2020

On Mon, Dec 14, 2020 at 9:42 AM D. Hugh Redelmeier via talk
<talk at gtalug.org> wrote:

> You might find Stewart's GTALUG talk from three years ago useful.
> "A Bit More Than Mostly Searchable: Scanned Paper You Can Find"

> <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EH_txB_hJWw>

An interesting enough 'talk'.

Almost wet myself when he started moaning about Fraktur - - - - I
learnt how to read
the handwritten version many many years ago but today am quite out of practice.
The people where that was their only written capability are all long
gone now. Fraktur
gets quite interesting - - - - - especially when you include some of
the differences
from somewhere in the 1600s to the late 1940s when the 'Latin' form of
typesetting
took over. If you want to research anything that was printed in German
and the stuff
was published before circa 1945 you do need to get comfortable with it or you're
going to be sol trying to read it.

What I'm doing is trying to organize something as I'm creating it - -
- - I'm thinking
that the very old 'Common place book' is maybe a reasonable take off point. Mr
Hugh - - - - was very interested in scanning the documents and that
was the bulk of
his presentation. Would have loved to as questions about easy storage systems
and indexing but those will have to keep.

Thanks for the suggestion

Regards