[GTALUG] information storage ideas

o1bigtenor o1bigtenor at gmail.com
Sun Dec 13 18:23:02 EST 2020

On Sun, Dec 13, 2020 at 5:11 PM D. Hugh Redelmeier via talk
<talk at gtalug.org> wrote:

> A quarter century ago, I heard of "Lifestreams" as the future of this.
> It seems to be pretty dead, but not a terrible idea.
> <http://www.cs.yale.edu/homes/freeman/lifestreams.html>
>
> Gelernter (co-inventor?) is pretty interesting.
> - victim of Unibomber
> - weirdly kind of right-wing
> - inventor of "Linda", a model for parallel programming
> - apparently very pro "intelectual property"
>
> <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Gelernter>
>
> Somehow this was part of a product of Scopeware software from Mirror
> Worlds Technologies Inc.  Most known for suing a bunch of companies and
> winning (briefly, it turns out) US$625.5M from Apple.

Apple can afford a LOT of lawyers - - - - it isn't going to lose very much nor
very often!

> See also this old blog entry: <https://lifestreamblog.com/about/>

Some very interesting information.
Most of the info is directed towards a cubical liver who is worried about
activity and weight.

The idea expanded to include a lot of doing might just possibly work.
The idea of video logging everything is for me a waste of bandwidth.
There are times that such video snippets would be useful but the effort
to cull the rest - - - - likely not going to happen here.

Thanks for a nudge in a different direction.

Regards