[GTALUG] information storage ideas

o1bigtenor o1bigtenor at gmail.com
Tue Dec 8 12:40:49 EST 2020

Greetings

I tend to work on quite a number of different things  if not at the
same time then in
quite short order. So far most projects will get some notes or phone
call references
or other information jotted down on paper. Over time this means that I
all too often
tend to redo things - - - sometimes to improvement but sometimes I
don't know where
the previous work is so I'm looking or I'm redoing.

So I'm looking at collecting things like contact information (and
their value/area etc etc),
project ideas, info sources, project planning, project design
parameters, project
components all of which hopefully results in some in the end.

Have been trying to use taskwarrior and its a decent reminder system but the
storage of all the other 'stuff' isn't there. Been trying to just save
things into a folder
(that's not so useful when information is applicable to multiple projects).

Has anyone found a 'reasonable' system that would effect this less than simple
'idea'?

TIA