[GTALUG] Request experts developers and/or DevOps wanted to help our school paperwork

Marc Lijour marclijour at gmail.com
Thu Dec 3 16:49:18 EST 2020

Hi everyone,

This is a community support request. I've been part of this group for 20
years. I'm working for a non-profit supporting talent and innovation in the
IT sector.

As part of our efforts to help Canadians and Canadian businesses sustain
their living through COVID, and while the ICT sector is searching for new
talent to hire, ICTC is launching a novel training online. We will have
three streams: software development, data science, and DevOps. For the
government paperwork, we require three industry experts (for each one of
these streams) to provide us with an assessment. The process should not be
too onerous and I can share the questions in advance.

The Information and Communications Technology Council (ICTC) is a
not-for-profit national centre of expertise for the digital economy.
Through trusted research, innovative talent solutions, and practical policy
advice, ICTC fosters innovative and globally competitive Canadian
industries empowered by a talented and diverse digital workforce. We've
been out there for 25 years and we provide many programs for talent of all
ages and origins, helping succeed in the digital economy.

Examples of programs we have delivered include Arrival to FinTech. We're
helping George Brown College launch a new stream for its Blockchain
developer program and we're coaching the first cohort of 25 newcomers.
We're also in the midst of delivering our Youth Dividend program, which
includes hard skills training and a subsidized 7-month placement in
enterprise.

We're helping grow the talent pipeline. Any of your businesses can pretend
to up to 75% in wage subsidies to hire a student. Conditions and
information available at https://wil.digital

Feel free to contact me here and we can take the conversation offline,
unless there are general questions that could benefit this group.

Thanks for your attention

Marc