[GTALUG] SSL Certs for both web and email servers

William Witteman wwitteman at gmail.com
Thu Dec 3 14:14:24 EST 2020

Thanks for your help!

I have not yet set the redirects from http -> https, but the result
was achieved *much* more easily than I would have expected.

I have an existing cert that I set up as a standalone, which dovecot
has been using happily for a few years.  I did not know that I could
expand what that cert covers, but the good people at EFF have made
this very easy.

I used this command and it Just Worked(TM):

sudo certbot -d
comma,separated,list,of,each,domain,and,subdomain,including,the,ones,already,in,place
--expand

And after a moment, all of my domains and subdomains are under the
single umbrella that I already had.

Note that the above list includes three different domains and a half
dozen subdomains, all of which seem to just work now.

Thanks again!