[GTALUG] Remote Desktop [ RDP files and Remmina ]

Kevin Cozens kevin at ve3syb.ca
Sat Aug 22 23:55:24 EDT 2020

On 2020-08-22 10:57 a.m., Aruna Hewapathirane via talk wrote:
> 1 - Office System is in London, Ontario and runs Windows.
> 2 - I have a dual boot running Windows and Debian
>
> How do I log-in to the office server using my linux system ?

I have used remmina to access remote servers running Windows. I'm not sure
about setting up the Windows side of the connection as the servers had RDP
access already enabled. I just needed to enter the IP address, the name for
the root or administrator account and associated password, and set the
connection type to RDP.

On the Windows side check whether Remote Desktop is available in the version
of Windows you are running. If it is available you will need to enable it.
Set the firewall to restrict RDP access to your remote machine.

--
Cheers!

Kevin.

http://www.ve3syb.ca/               | "Nerds make the shiny things that
https://www.patreon.com/KevinCozens | distract the mouth-breathers, and
                                     | that's why we're powerful"
Owner of Elecraft K2 #2172          |
#include <disclaimer/favourite>     |             --Chris Hardwick