[GTALUG] Remote Desktop [ RDP files and Remmina ]

Aruna Hewapathirane aruna.hewapathirane at gmail.com
Sat Aug 22 10:57:37 EDT 2020

Hello everyone,

I have to login remotely from home to work and this involves booting up a
Windows system
then logging in. Which works fine.

I wanted to see if I can login remotely using Remmina and the RDP protocol
using Linux. So
far zilch and tried most things I know ( which is very little ). So I was
wondering if anyone has
any experience logging into a Windows System remotely using Linux and
Remmina ?

When I try to activate the tool for work under Linux it just lets me save
the RDP file. I have tried to
import the file into Remmina but does not connect.

What should I do to trouble-shoot and resolve ? Any suggestions?

And Evan I received your email to the Raspberry Pi thread I was busy-busy
sorry
for not acknowledging sooner :-)

So once again to break it down:

1 - Office System is in London, Ontario and runs Windows.
2 - I have a dual boot running Windows and Debian

How do I log-in to the office server using my linux system ?

Thanks - Aruna