[GTALUG] Fwd: Looks like IBM is planning to eliminate RHEL

Russell Reiter rreiter91 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 6 11:49:31 EDT 2020

On Thu, Aug 6, 2020 at 9:44 AM Evan Leibovitch <evan at telly.org> wrote:

> I've spoken to some actual Red Hat employees who they said the article has
> been widely circulated and has served as a good laugh. No booms are being
> lowered that they're aware of and morale remains decent.
>
> I'm wary of the source based on Dr. Ray's previous articles.He's obsessed
> with Microsoft (such as an article that claims Richard Stallman's
> successor at the FSF is a Microsoft stooge
> <http://techrights.org/2020/08/06/fsf-microsoft-github/>) and the site
> has an ongoing series called "Billwatch
> <http://techrights.org/billwatch-resurrected/>". Another recent example
> is an article headlined
> "People Who Believe Global Warning is a ‘Hoax’ Are the Types Who Might
> Think Microsoft Really Loves Linux
> <http://techrights.org/2020/07/31/the-microsoft-hoax/>".
>
> Anyway, you get the idea. Healthy skepticism about Redmond's intentions
> are healthy, but not when pushed to conspiracy-theory levels. And now the
> same treatment is being applied to IBM.

Sorry I'm a little confused, are you saying that skepticism about IBM's
intentions is not the same as skepticism about Redmond's, simply because
that it would be conspiracy theory to suggest that IBM would not tell
everybody about the eventual business plan, at the same time.

Whatever Dr. Roy has written previously, he did mention in the article it
takes a couple of years for each departmental shakeup. In my understanding
of this it usually takes quite some time before all departments are fully
shook.

Kind of like government that way.

--
Russell