[GTALUG] Looks like IBM is planning to eliminate RHEL

Alvin Starr alvin at netvel.net
Thu Aug 6 10:30:28 EDT 2020

On 8/6/20 9:56 AM, Evan Leibovitch wrote:
> On Thu, 6 Aug 2020 at 09:52, Alvin Starr via talk <talk at gtalug.org
> <mailto:talk at gtalug.org>> wrote:
>
>     Business policies most often make sense when looked at through the
>     lens of  "The Rules of Acquisiion".
>     If you don't have "The lobes for profit" then you will likely see
>     conspiracies behind every decision.
>

> Did that concept
> <https://www.st-minutiae.com/resources/rulesofacquisition.html>exist
> before Deep Space Nine?

I do not believe that The Rules of Acquisition existed before DS-9.
But they nicely reflect the business practices over the last 50,
60,70... 100 years.
With the "Greed is Good" concept it has become a bit more out in the open

Someone needs to fill out the whole set of rules and then it could be
taught as a MBA course at the Rotman School of Management.

--
Alvin Starr                   ||   land:  (647)478-6285
alvin at netvel.net              ||