[GTALUG] Looks like IBM is planning to eliminate RHEL

Russell Reiter rreiter91 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 5 14:04:12 EDT 2020

Hey Phoronix got me through some kind of puzzling stuff relatively
unscathed. I just liked some of the more pointed comments from this
article, like its either RPM and reboot or Flatpak from the cloud.

I never personally used MS much past dos 6.2. I think thats because I got a
late start in computing and was exposed to Linux early on. I think I joined
tlug in 95 or 96 and settled into Red Hat. So like most people, I poke fun
at the things that scare me, like having to learn a whole new OS updating
mechanisim. Or having to fudge rpm packages into apt updates.

Cheers

Russell

“Th’ newspaper does ivrything f’r us. It runs th’ polis foorce an’ th’
banks, commands th’ milishy, controls th’ ligislachure, baptizes th’ young,
marries th’ foolish, comforts th’ afflicted, afflicts th’ comfortable,
buries th’ dead an’ roasts thim aftherward.” F. P. Dunne