[GTALUG] Laptop recommendations?

Stewart C. Russell scruss at gmail.com
Thu Apr 30 20:46:01 EDT 2020

On 2020-04-30 10:56 a.m., Howard Gibson via talk wrote:

>     Does your USB floppy drive work?  I keep ordering these things and they work once or twice and then crap out.  The one I have now never worked.  They cost something like twelve bucks.  I am willing to pay more of something that works.

Seconding the IBM USB floppy drive. They work really well. Newer devices
can only handle 1.44 MB disks, but the IBM will read 720 K disks too.
None of them will read the weird Apple IIgs GCR floppies, though.

If you must use floppies or a device that thinks it needs them, Goteks
are nice. They replace the floppy hardware with a USB port for a memory
stick that can hold hundreds of floppy images.

Even my PDP8 (single board, but real Harris/Intersil HD-6120) uses a CF
card these days … https://mltshp.com/p/1IF2N

  Stewart