[GTALUG] CIRA officially launches free DNS firewall for consumers | IT World Canada News

ac ac at main.me
Tue Apr 28 01:10:21 EDT 2020

On Mon, 27 Apr 2020 12:31:50 -0400
Gordon Chillcott via talk <talk at gtalug.org> wrote:
> On Mon., Apr. 27, 2020, 09:08 James Knott via talk, <talk at gtalug.org>
> wrote:
> > I came across this today:
> > https://www.itworldcanada.com/article/cira-officially-launches-free-dns-firewall-for-consumers/429887
> > https://www.cira.ca/cybersecurity-services/canadian-shield/configure

so... no opinions... no comments... no discussion... just posting
links, multiple times, or doing marketing now, we are?

my not so humble opinion is that dns over https is very evil, even if
done under the guise of "privacy" or "protection/nanny" or "to protect
us" or under any other logic or reasoning.

my further opinions are that any "nanny" type "free" service where
someone else decides what and where i may or may not go or what i may
or may not see, needs to be either well regulated/controlled/open/published/etc
or simply not be accepted...

anyway, i am probably a minority as i also do not like/use/support very
popular and world dominating services such as 'whatsapp' and i do not
tweet or post photos of my food on insta and i have zero tiktok vids

so i guess ymmv,

Andre