[GTALUG] Laptop recommendations?

Chris F.A. Johnson chris at cfajohnson.com
Mon Apr 27 11:45:47 EDT 2020

On Mon, 27 Apr 2020, Lennart Sorensen wrote:

> On Wed, Apr 22, 2020 at 07:07:29PM -0400, Chris F.A. Johnson via talk wrote:
>> I bought a used Dell Inspiron 3720 about 7 years ago.
>>
>> It has been my main (and only) computer for the last 6 years.
>>
>> I have had no issues other than the internal DVD drive failing.
>
> Do you ever use the touchpad and keyboard on it?  My experience with
> Dell's of that era were they were essentially unusable without an external
> mouse and keyboard.  I remember so many people carrying mice and keyboards
> with them to meetings.

I have used the builtin keyboard and touchpad (e.g. when I am at a
library), and they work fine. Normally I do use an external keyboard
(http://cfaj.ca/keyboard.jpg), mouse, screen (49"!) and speakers
(Harmon Kardon Soundsticks III).

--
    Chris F.A. Johnson                         <http://cfajohnson.com/>