[GTALUG] Laptop recommendations?

Znoteer znoteer at mailbox.org
Wed Apr 22 11:31:23 EDT 2020

On Wed, Apr 22, 2020 at 09:42:43AM -0400, Gron Arthur via talk wrote:
> Need to buy a new laptop, any recommendations? Any good outlets that deliver?

Lenovo ThinkPad X and T series have been good to me for 2 laptops.  Lots of
my entourage have them, I think nearly all purchased used or refurbished.
Everyone seems satisfied.

I bought my current lappy (x240) used from an individual.  My previous
Lenovo  was given to me by a friend.  Anyway, I'm in Montreal, so none of my
store references would likely be useful to you.  Beware though, that some
stores I've seen on line, be they bricks and mortar or virtual only, don't
actually refurbish, though they kinda sorta seemta infer that they do
"tests" to insure everything is working.  So basically you're getting a used
laptop, period, from those guys.  That's not necessarily bad, as usually
they're cheaper than the refurbs, too.

--
Znoteer
znoteer at mailbox.org