[GTALUG] "Atom Pi"

Alex Volkov alex at flamy.ca
Mon Sep 16 15:19:45 EDT 2019

It seems that I was looking at the wrong side of the board, looking more
closely, it looks like the power is connected through a two single
female dupont pins on the bottom of the board and not JST connector near
the heatsink.

I found this thread about powering the board up. Sorry, reddit link --
https://www.reddit.com/r/Atomic_Pi/comments/bp0hvt/megathread_powering_your_atomic_pi_ask_all_your/

It is said that you need to connect several pins at once, perhaps this
usb-to-dupont splitter should be more appropriate for the application --
https://ae01.alicdn.com/kf/HTB18quXpQCWBuNjy0Faq6xUlXXal/Dupont-head-4-to-USB-PC-Fan-Power-Cable-Adapter-Connector-10cm.jpg

I'm not sure why the person who started the thread says that several
pins are needed, because dupont connector is rated for 3A.  (according
to this thread --
https://electronics.stackexchange.com/questions/157026/dupont-connector-for-5a).

Full disclaimer -- I'm not an electrical engineer.

Alex.