[GTALUG] York University WiFi and Certificate Authority root certificates

D. Hugh Redelmeier hugh at mimosa.com
Sat Sep 14 14:59:52 EDT 2019

We needed to set up WiFi on a notebook with Fedora at York University.
The IT staff were steadfastly unhelpful.  I'm posting this in case someone
else needs to set up WiFi at York.

This page is for Students:
<http://student.computing.yorku.ca/airyorkplus/#squelch-taas-toggle-shortcode-content-0>
In this case, the user was faculty, but the faculty page is less helpful.

We looked at how Windows and ChromeOS were configured and did something
similar on Fedora.

One slightly tricky part was filling in the "CA certificate" field.  We
ended up using
	/etc/pki/ca-trust/extracted/pem/tls-ca-bundle.pem
This is the bundle of CA root certificates known to and trusted by
Firefox, OpenSSL, and perhaps NSS.