[GTALUG] New Rogers offerings and guest access

James Knott james.knott at jknott.net
Fri Sep 13 08:39:05 EDT 2019

On 2019-09-13 07:54 AM, Dave Collier-Brown via talk wrote:
> On 2019-09-12 11:10 p.m., James Knott via talk wrote:
>
>> It has nothing to do with your limit.  It's about you paying for service
>> at your home only.  If you check the terms you'll likely find you're not
>> allowed to share with others.  This even applies to those who rent out a
>> basement apartment.
> Good point, I don't think there is Canadian caselaw on that, so I'll
> need to scrutinize the contract...

"You  may  not  resell,  share, or otherwise distribute the Services or
any portion thereof to any third
party  without  the  written  consent  of  Rogers.  For  example,  you
cannot provide  Internet  access  to  others  through  a dial  up
connection,  host shell  accounts  over  the  Internet,  provide
e-mail  or  news  service,  or send  a  news  feed."

https://www.rogers.com/cms/pdf/en/Rogers-Terms-of-Service-Acceptable-Use-Policy-and-Privacy-Policy-en.pdf