[GTALUG] New Rogers offerings and guest access

James Knott james.knott at jknott.net
Thu Sep 12 22:42:36 EDT 2019

On 2019-09-12 10:35 PM, o1bigtenor via talk wrote:
> Remember a number of years ago where a guy had an ASUS RT-N16 and
> served a bunch of his neighbors with wifi.

I'm in a condo and see WiFi from several neighbhours.  So, I am close
enough to share with others, but I won't be doing that.

One other thing with the Rogers guest WiFi.  It's IPv4 only whereas the
main connection is both IPv4 and IPv6.  I have no idea why they'd do
that, as they only provide a single /64 prefix when in gateway mode.  My
modem is in bridge mode, which gives me a /56, which can be split into
256 /64s.  I run pfSense for my firewall.