[GTALUG] Running Dell branded Nvidia gtx 1060 in non-dell system

Stewart C. Russell scruss at gmail.com
Wed Oct 2 20:55:54 EDT 2019

On 2019-07-20 2:47 p.m., Alex Volkov via talk wrote:

> I'm looking to buy used Nvidia GeForce GXT 1060 to run some ML tutorials.

Did this work out for you? I find myself in the market for a
CUDA-capable card to run Meshroom — https://alicevision.org/#meshroom  —
a well-regarded photogrammetry suite. It only works on CUDA-equipped
systems.

I don't need to spend much. Technically, the package will run on my 2013
Samsung Chronos ultrabook with a GT 640M graphics card, but it's so slow
and hot that it's not worth the bother.

cheers,
  Stewart