[GTALUG] Hardcore sed foo

Anthony de Boer adb at adb.ca
Thu Nov 7 23:26:03 EST 2019

Lennart Sorensen via talk wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 05, 2019 at 06:42:44AM -0500, Giles Orr via talk wrote:
> > Jeez regex is a pain - it took three minutes of staring at that just to
> > figure it out, even though I knew what we were both trying to achieve.
>
> Practice time!
>
> https://regexcrossword.com

Oooh, fun!  The Hamlet puzzle took a few minutes to sort out.  But
then I'm not a regular crossworder.

One of the guys I work with claims that any use of regexen requires
multiple lines of comment to explain, but I'm firmly of the opinion
that being able to sight-read them is a basic Unix programming skill.

--
Anthony de Boer