[GTALUG] SSH Host tab completion

Daniel Wayne Armstrong daniel at circuidipity.com
Thu May 30 16:24:34 EDT 2019

Hello all ... I am currently running Debian Buster and Bash shell. I have a
few Host aliases defined in my ~/.ssh/config. Example: Host test-server. So
when, in console, I type ...

$ ssh tes

... and hit Tab, then auto-completion fills out ...

$ ssh test-server

When I try to do the same thing in a terminal (urxvt), tab completion does
*not* work. The complete host alias has to be entered.

*But* tab completion for ssh host aliases *does* work if entered within
tmux running in the terminal.

Any idea how I can get tab completion working for ssh host aliases in the
terminal?

--
Daniel Wayne Armstrong  https://www.circuidipity.com
<http://www.circuidipity.com>