[GTALUG] Google suspends some business with Huawei

ac ac at main.me
Tue May 21 01:50:38 EDT 2019

On Mon, 20 May 2019 13:00:08 -0400 (EDT)
"D. Hugh Redelmeier via talk" <talk at gtalug.org> wrote:
<snip some really cool stuff around here>

> The Chinese government has shown willingness to repeatedly and
> flagrantly hack the US (and Canada).  The fact that the US hacks the
> other way is irrelevant to this discussion.  We're not talking
> morality here.
>
> Canada cannot go to war with the US.  All our sophisticated hardware
> likely has kill switches controlled by the US.

as I am not involved in any wars with anyone, at this time, I guess I
have no right to say anything either way (not that this ever stops
anyone from having an opinion, either way). Personally I do not like
wars, but I do also understand that wars are sometimes not avoidable.
For example the second world war, which, imho, was simply not avoidable.

Some nations are constantly at war and their societies have become used
to being at war as they have never experienced decades of peace.

Trade wars could easily escalate into actual war and the parties in the
trade war and if both their last stand fallback positions are non movable
positions, could lead to world war three.

I do not know anymore who the villians are, before the 2nd world war,
the world was also not sure. But the world has a short memory, I recall
the US invading Iraq, because they had weapons of mass destruction and
the evil Iraq was about to destroy the planet.... So, many many thousands
of little children died as a result of weapons of mass destruction. War
is not a pretty thing and has real costs, destroys societies, families
and peoples.

I do truly hope that out there, on all sides of everything,  we can find ubuntu.

Andre