[GTALUG] NUC NUC NUC

Lennart Sorensen lsorense at csclub.uwaterloo.ca
Fri May 17 13:14:45 EDT 2019

On Fri, May 17, 2019 at 12:26:28PM -0400, Evan Leibovitch via talk wrote:
> Surprisingly to me, not the experience this time around.
>
> The NUC and Zotac models have easily been less expensive than any other
> assembled-components or full system based on similar specs based on my
> shopping.

Hmm, I guess that is possible.

My quick check finds that something like a Ryzen 5 2400G + a motherboard
+ case will have better specs than the NUC for less money, but maybe I
missed some component.  It would certainly support twice the ram and
often two M.2 slots, and would use desktop rather than laptop ram,
which I think it still cheaper, but maybe that isn't true anymore either.

--
Len Sorensen