[GTALUG] Any PET collectors?

Stewart C. Russell scruss at gmail.com
Thu Mar 21 11:59:26 EDT 2019

On 2019-03-21 6:38 a.m., Seneca Cunningham via talk wrote:
> Not quite Linux, but I found a pair of old informational booklets
> “The PET Personal Computer for Beginners”, both book 1 and 2, while I
> was tidying up.  They were released in Northern Ireland in 1979 by
> Petfolio, and they assume that you already know BASIC.
>
> I think they deserve a better home, with someone who appreciates
> them.

Thanks for digging these out, Seneca! I'll take 'em, please. I'll scan
them and put them on Archive.org, as there's precious little
representation of European digital nerdery.

Yes, TPUG is still running. We're in our 40th year, and are one of the
oldest micro user groups still around. While I can't make it out to
tonight's meeting (WindShare AGM instead), there's usually 20 people or
so who attend every month. Tonight's a fix-it night, I think.

TPUG used to have paid staff who fulfilled library disk and newsletter
orders. Our membership's nowhere near where it was, but is around 120
and is growing. Many folks use "The C64 Mini", which is a single-core
ARM board in a faux-C64 case running Linux with a pretty gaming front
end. Others have gone full-on FPGA. And yes, there are *still* Amiga
users who claim that their computers are ultra-high-performance and used
in contemporary production graphics ... yep, still stuck in 1990.

cheers,
 Stewart