[GTALUG] notebook deal TODAY (Pi Day)

D. Hugh Redelmeier hugh at mimosa.com
Thu Mar 14 14:02:41 EDT 2019

The Microsoft Store seems to have good deals on Dell XPS 13 and XPS 15
notebooks with UltraHD displays.  I really like the idea of an UltraHD
display, but you might not find it useful.

<https://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/store/collections/PC-Category-Sale?cat0=devices&icid=Cat-Sale_hero1_piday_PC_14403_031419>

Those notebooks are highly thought-of.  Also available (but not from
Microsoft and not inexpensive) are variants that ship with Ubuntu, so I
expect a high degree of Linux compatability.

I won't be grabbing one since they come with only 8G of RAM, the same
as in my five year old Yoga 2 Pro notebook.  That just feels like it
might limit the useful lifetime of XPS notebooks.