[GTALUG] Gender discrimination

Malgosia Askanas maskanas at pair.com
Wed Mar 13 16:58:03 EDT 2019

So let me understand this.  If a woman (me, for example) would bemoan the fact that 80% of participants in a certain field of endeavor are male, that's not gender discrimination, right?  (I assume it isn't, since it goes on all the time in all kinds of media, without any visible censorship.)  But if a man bemoans the fact that 80% of participants in (another) field of endeavor are female, that's gender discrimination?  To my mind, labeling the latter as "gender discrimination seems like... gender discrimination.  Or is it that, by definition, censoring a man cannot possibly be gender discrimination?

I know it is fun to censor people, but isn't it *more* fun to do it for reasons that make sense?

-malgosia