[GTALUG] Boeing India software engineers

Dhaval Giani dhaval.giani at gmail.com
Wed Mar 13 12:08:46 EDT 2019

On Wed, Mar 13, 2019 at 5:05 PM Gary <technologynut at rogers.com> wrote:

> Dhaval, your dim view of the Indian value chain is unfounded because
> India is now ranked 3rd in A.I. research. Indeed, if you're higher up in
> the value chain in North America then you certainly do run the risk of
> losing your job because, for example,  A.I. research has to be pretty
> high up in the value chain I would suspect!!
>
> https://www.analyticsindiamag.com/ai-ml-research-breakthroughs-india/

Gary,

I am getting close to assuming malicious intent in your statements
right now. I have at no point in time put forth a dim view in the
indian value chain. Instead you have lowered the value of indian chain
by saying they will do it for cheap. I have constantly been advocating
for friends back in India to charge the same prices that people here
charge for the same skills. Why not? It is the same job. Please go and
reread what I said. Once you go up the value chain, you are able to
command the same dollar value, and that's when the risk of you losing
your job reduces.

Dhaval