[GTALUG] Boeing India software engineers

Dhaval Giani dhaval.giani at gmail.com
Wed Mar 13 11:49:18 EDT 2019

On Wed, Mar 13, 2019 at 4:46 PM Gary <technologynut at rogers.com> wrote:

> No, I think YOU have misunderstood. When I download lectures I do so for
> the sole purpose of entertainment and nothing more; I'm a senior
> citizen. My thinking was that those individuals who enjoy science and
> engineering can still indulge that interest and yet support themselves
> with jobs that are unlikely to be outsourced. The alternative case of
> spending a lot of money on a science or engineering degree to learn
> science, which is their passion, just does not make sense because the
> hope of establishing a career in the field before it gets outsourced is
> unfounded in view of the fact that places like India have very talented
> people who can do the job, do it better and work cheap!

I don't understand why you keep ignoring what I keep saying.

1. There are talented people everywhere
2. There are people who do things equally well and equally badly everywhere
3. For high quality work, no one works cheap.

So, if you are higher up the value chain, you are not going to lose
your job anytime soon.

Dhaval