[GTALUG] Ontario Bill 72: "Right to Repair"

Ansar Mohammed ansarm at gmail.com
Thu Mar 7 12:24:22 EST 2019

An iPad battery service from Apple is $129 + taxes. When you walk in they
will immediately try to up-sell you to a new iPad.
The mall around the corner from my house has a store that will replace the
battery for around $50.

Please don't confuse this issue with the maker community or "tinkerers".
This is about empowering 3rd party repair of devices so that manufacturers
don't continue to gouge you for basic repairs.