[GTALUG] TPL teaching Linux

Kevin Cozens kevin at ve3syb.ca
Fri Mar 1 13:27:17 EST 2019

On 2019-02-28 9:58 p.m., Evan Leibovitch via talk wrote:
> Libraries around the world are getting involved in "leaning circles", in
> which a group of learners work together with each other, online training,
> library-supplied facilitation staff and sporadic involvement by subject
> experts.
[snip]
> As it turns out, the global leader in Linux learning circles is right
> here at the Toronto Public Library.
[snip]
> The initial run of four-week "Linux Unhatched" circles is just now
> concluding. I audited them at three of the six different branches
[snip]
> For its next step, the TPL is offering a 70-hour course on Linux
> Essentials, based on the LPI certificate program of the same name and
> done through the Cisco Networking Academy.

Thanks for the information, Evan.

Does a person interested in this course need to attend one or more
gatherings at one of the libraries? If this is tied in with the LPI, does
someone who completes this course get a credit towards one of the Linux
certification courses they offer?

--
Cheers!

Kevin.

http://www.ve3syb.ca/               | "Nerds make the shiny things that
https://www.patreon.com/KevinCozens | distract the mouth-breathers, and
                                     | that's why we're powerful"
Owner of Elecraft K2 #2172          |
#include <disclaimer/favourite>     |             --Chris Hardwick