[GTALUG] Screen vs Tmux

Alex Beamish talexb at gmail.com
Mon Jun 24 09:52:14 EDT 2019

I'm just back from The Perl Conference in Pittsburgh where I saw a great
talk on tmux. As a long-time (20 years) user of screen, I was mighty
impressed. Being able to have an edit window in one pane and a bash window
in the other pane is fantastic (and what Emacs users have had forever).
There's going to be a learning curve, but I think it's wonderful -- you can
even look at https://tmuxcheatsheet.com/ for some shortcuts.

On Thu, Jun 20, 2019 at 11:24 PM William Park via talk <talk at gtalug.org>
wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I try to use WSL (Windows Subsystem for Linux) whenever possible, even
> though I have VMware and VirtualBox available.  One thing that WSL
> terminal lacks is "tab" that all other terminals have.  So, that calls
> for Screen and Tmux.  But, which one?  And, why?
> --
> William Park <opengeometry at yahoo.ca>

Alex Beamish

Software Developer / https://ca.linkedin.com/in/alex-beamish-5111ba3
Speaker Wrangler / Toronto Perlmongers / http://to.pm.org/
Baritone, Operations Manager / Toronto Northern Lights, 2013 Champions /
www.northernlightschorus.com
Certified Contest Administrator / Barbershop Harmony Society /
www.barbershop.org