[GTALUG] Screen vs Tmux

Giles Orr gilesorr at gmail.com
Fri Jun 21 15:42:38 EDT 2019

tmux - more modern, less crufty.

If that's too short an answer, look at configuration examples for screen
vs. tmux: screen's configuration is so arcane it's impossible to read.  The
absolute worst is attempting to configure the status bar (assuming you use
that).  tmux's config isn't great, but a normal human being has some hope
of actually reading it.

You should also look at Byobu ( http://byobu.co/ ) - I prefer my terminal
multiplexer raw, but you may not.

On Thu, 20 Jun 2019 at 23:24, William Park via talk <talk at gtalug.org> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I try to use WSL (Windows Subsystem for Linux) whenever possible, even
> though I have VMware and VirtualBox available.  One thing that WSL
> terminal lacks is "tab" that all other terminals have.  So, that calls
> for Screen and Tmux.  But, which one?  And, why?
> --
> William Park <opengeometry at yahoo.ca>

Giles
https://www.gilesorr.com/