[GTALUG] A find alternative: fselect

mwilson at Vex.Net mwilson at Vex.Net
Thu Jun 13 11:18:37 EDT 2019

> Go has the same design flaw.  Giant static binaries.
>
> Amazing how many new programing languages don't want to pay attention
> to history and the security lessons already learned.

That was a major revelation when I saw Multics.  Virtual memory supported
shared memory, which supported shared binaries, which supported huge
economies in code space and memory usage.  E.g. permitted huge,
comprehensive, error-handling routines that never occupied memory until
they were immediately needed to handle errors.