[GTALUG] POP3 vs IMAP

Stephen stephen-d at rogers.com
Sat Jun 8 21:51:01 EDT 2019

On 2019-06-08 9:13 p.m., James Knott via talk wrote:
> On 2019-06-08 08:36 PM, Chris F.A. Johnson via talk wrote:
>>> POP is download only.
>>
>>  ???? But, once it's downloaded, you can do anything you like with it.
>
> Now, try to keep multiple devices in sync, including sent mail.

As I briefly touched on, my main computer at home has my email archives.
I use POP and they are removed from the email server. I prefer it that way.

My cell phone accesses my emails using IMAP. I can stay on top of things
and respond to anything that is urgent.

Nothing old is urgent. It can wait until I get home.

--
Stephen