[GTALUG] Table Drapes

Alex Beamish talexb at gmail.com
Tue Jul 9 13:21:09 EDT 2019

I attended The Perl Conference (formerly YAPC) in Pittsburgh two weeks ago
-- the team putting on the conference were hoping for 150 attendees but
ended up with 170 folks, and four streams of talks. There were presenters
and attendees there from a number of companies ("We're hiring!").

My impression is that face to face meetings beat any electronic
interaction. I talked to about a dozen folks -- it was much easier in
person than on IRC or on a mailing list.

On Tue, Jul 9, 2019 at 11:55 AM Lennart Sorensen via talk <talk at gtalug.org>
wrote:

> On Mon, Jul 08, 2019 at 06:40:24PM -0400, J. Hart via talk wrote:
> > What happened to these conferences ?
> >
> > Is Linux development and/or interest in Linux dying out ?
>
> Seems companies are less willing to pay for people to go conferences, and
> more stuff seems to be happening online these days.
>
> That's my impression at least.
>
> --
> Len Sorensen

Alex Beamish

Software Developer / https://ca.linkedin.com/in/alex-beamish-5111ba3
Speaker Wrangler / Toronto Perlmongers / http://to.pm.org/
Baritone, Operations Manager / Toronto Northern Lights, 2013 Champions /
www.northernlightschorus.com
Certified Contest Administrator / Barbershop Harmony Society /
www.barbershop.org