[GTALUG] Looking for Someone to Answer some Question

Kevin Cozens kevin at ve3syb.ca
Thu Jan 17 12:58:21 EST 2019

On 2019-01-17 12:45 p.m., Christopher Browne via talk wrote:
> NoSQL is the name of a JavaScript-based database
> https://www.npmjs.com/package/nosql
> specifically intended to be integrated into node.js server applications.

Really? Hm... JS is being used for all sorts of things besides web pages
these days.

I thought NoSQL was an actual software system (like SQLite, MySQL,
PostgreSQL) but it also seems to be a general term for a type of database
system. I just found http://nosql-database.org/ which points to various
database options vs your typical SQL based ones.

--
Cheers!

Kevin.

http://www.ve3syb.ca/               | "Nerds make the shiny things that
https://www.patreon.com/KevinCozens | distract the mouth-breathers, and
                                     | that's why we're powerful"
Owner of Elecraft K2 #2172          |
#include <disclaimer/favourite>     |             --Chris Hardwick