[GTALUG] Looking for Someone to Answer some Question

William Park opengeometry at yahoo.ca
Tue Jan 15 22:52:06 EST 2019

On Tue, Jan 15, 2019 at 07:49:15PM -0500, Kevin Cozens via talk wrote:
> On 2019-01-14 12:35 a.m., William Park via talk wrote:
> > It so happens that I'm looking for interpretor suitable for embedded
> > applications. I read up on "Lua".  Maybe there are other options?
>
> Without knowing your intended use case(s) it is hard to know what
> language(s) would be considered suitable. Other options are implementations
> of interpreted C, Forth, or dare I say, BASIC.

My working environment is 256MB storage, 256MB ram, F2FS filesystem,
ARM cpu, stripped down Linux kernel, and Busybox.  Most things are
written in C.  But, comments and requests from customers, nowdays, are
more "web" direction.  So, if we write web apps, I'm wondering whether
we shoud write all those CGIs in C or some interpreted language.  It
doesn't have to be that fast, as long as it's not too slow. :-)

Main feature I need is ability to save "state" of some data structure,
say variables, array, or dictionary, without having to parse/reparse
when writing/reading from filesystem.  Python can do that.  I can do
that in C too.  My last choice would be SQLite, though, it has its
advantages.
--
William Park <opengeometry at yahoo.ca>