[GTALUG] laptop repair in GTA/Markham?

Tim Tisdall tisdall at gmail.com
Thu Jan 10 11:40:25 EST 2019

On Thu, 10 Jan 2019 at 11:23, Don Tai <dontai.canada at gmail.com> wrote:
> If you do not see screws or plastic snaps, then they might use double sided tape. Slowly pry apart.
>
> FYI my old Lenovo Thinkpad has liquid drainage holes from the keyboard right through to the back of the bottom casing. I have not tested this feature.

I really hope it's not glue/tape.

I remember seeing a video where they tested those drainage holes.  I
think part of their conclusion was that it worked well, but only if
the laptop remained flat.  If you tilt the laptop then liquid may go
through other spots other than the spill channels.  It's like a
shallow plate with holes, if you tilt it then it'll go up and over the
sides instead of through the holes.  (If I'm remembering the video
correctly)