[GTALUG] cron scripts **BOOM**

Jason Shaw grazer at gmail.com
Wed Jan 9 12:46:08 EST 2019

darryl, you should be able to look at yum or apt/dpk histories to see
if/when cron was updated and possibly gleam some information about who/what
did it.

for debian and ubuntu :
https://serverfault.com/questions/175504/how-do-i-get-the-history-of-apt-get-install-on-ubuntu
for redhat/rpm based distros: 'yum history info crontab' or whatever the
name of the cron package is called

Certainly sounds like something automatically updated the cron package to
me.  Good luck in the forensics.
-jason