[GTALUG] another bargain netbook

Lennart Sorensen lsorense at csclub.uwaterloo.ca
Wed Jan 9 12:03:47 EST 2019

On Mon, Jan 07, 2019 at 05:32:21PM -0500, James Knott via talk wrote:
> I have seen those Canadian multilingual keyboards and they are a deal
> killer for me.  I will not buy one.  A friend, who's German, wound up
> with one of those and hated it so much she took it back.  Perhaps that
> sort of reaction is why you're not seeing them.  One can only hope.
>
> Meanwhile, I'm sticking with the U.S. International layout.  It would be
> nice if they made that standard for North America English, as it has
> several more characters available and it would be nice to see them on
> the key tops.
>
> BTW, my ThinkPad came with a "Windows" key.  I was able to buy a "Tux"
> sticker that nicely fit into the depression in the middle of the key.

I certainly buy machines with US keyboard layout myself.

The US international looks very nice.  I have never seen a keyboard
actually labeled for it, although I see you can buy stickers for it.

I hate having my left shift key shortened which the canadian multilingual
(and canadian french) does.

--
Len Sorensen