[GTALUG] laptop repair in GTA/Markham?

Tim Tisdall tisdall at gmail.com
Wed Jan 9 10:19:55 EST 2019

So, my laptop won't turn on today and it's likely due to a coffee spill
that happened yesterday.  I suspect a trace on the board may have become
corroded.  I took it to the ASUS repair centre on Markham and the absolute
minimum cost to repair it would probably be $400 and if I want to keep
everything on my SSD I would need to remove it first (but I don't have the
necessary torx bits to do that).  I think they only swap parts out and
don't attempt to actually repair.

Does anyone know of a good and reputable repair place that would be able to
fix a corroded trace on the board if that's all it is?  It's an Asus
Zenbook UX305C.