[GTALUG] another bargain netbook

James Knott james.knott at jknott.net
Mon Jan 7 17:32:21 EST 2019

On 01/07/2019 05:07 PM, Lennart Sorensen via talk wrote:
> If the laptops shipped with the Canadian Multilingual keyboard, I might
> actually not mind.  But they don't.  They ship with Canadian French,
> which is a totally different thing and is NOT a version of the ISO
> international keyboard.  At least last time I saw a laptop in a store
> it was Canadian French, not Multilingual.

I have seen those Canadian multilingual keyboards and they are a deal
killer for me.  I will not buy one.  A friend, who's German, wound up
with one of those and hated it so much she took it back.  Perhaps that
sort of reaction is why you're not seeing them.  One can only hope.

Meanwhile, I'm sticking with the U.S. International layout.  It would be
nice if they made that standard for North America English, as it has
several more characters available and it would be nice to see them on
the key tops.

BTW, my ThinkPad came with a "Windows" key.  I was able to buy a "Tux"
sticker that nicely fit into the depression in the middle of the key.