[GTALUG] optimum swap size

Gary technologynut at rogers.com
Wed Feb 27 11:47:59 EST 2019

Thank you. My intent (haven't done it yet) is to use mmap() in c++ for a
very large file (2 gigs). I suspect that the virtual memory technology
in x86 would simply page in/out file data to/from ram using the least
recently used algorithm. Would the swap partition size be material here
or am I worrying unnecessarily.
/gary