[GTALUG] optimum swap size

Mauro Souza thoriumbr at gmail.com
Wed Feb 27 10:22:33 EST 2019

Unless you use suspend to disk, swap is not really needed. I don't believe
you would load so many programs it would use all your 20GB of RAM. I have
8GB RAM and 2GB swap, no issues so far.
I don't even create a swap partition anymore, I create a small swap file (
https://linuxize.com/post/how-to-add-swap-space-on-ubuntu-18-04/). This
way, I can increase/decrease its size without having to mess with
partitioning.

Mauro
http://mauro.limeiratem.com - registered Linux User: 294521
Scripture is both history, and a love letter from God.