[GTALUG] Spamhaus block

ac ac at main.me
Fri Feb 22 00:33:18 EST 2019

If you want to relay email and operate a working email server, you need
to start with ipv4 reputation.

If you host in the middle of a criminal hotspot and at a socalled
"bullet proof" host (a host that does not care about abuse complaints
and has a bad reputation)

Do not expect to be able to relay email communications properly, from
such a poor IP neighborhood.

The check your IPv4 reputation, I strongly suggest using this service:

http://multirbl.valli.org/

If your IP is listed by 10+ services, rather migrate to a better IP
neighborhood (Why would you want to support hosting providers that
proved safe haven to child pornographers, scammer, cyber crime and
other rubbish???)

If your ipv4 reputation is not too bad, apply for removal from wherever.

The services listed on multirbl.valli.org - are all ethical, decent and
moral, if you know different and have actual proof of non ethical
behavior, do please submit any such evidence to any RIR anti-abuse (or
even this) public mailing list.

Yes, you can operate your own email service, no, you cannot easily
spam, abuse and do any number of other weird things easily any longer...

hth

Andre