[GTALUG] Spamhaus block

Stewart Russell scruss at gmail.com
Thu Feb 21 15:50:43 EST 2019

On Thu, Feb 21, 2019, 15:42 Don Tai via talk, <talk at gtalug.org> wrote:

> ... You need to move to another host provider.

This is not always an option.

The not-for-profit I work for has a web site run from WP Engine. It can
send e-mail for updates, subscriptions, etc.

Just one of the wp.com hosts that the mail relays through got blacklisted.
Consequently, our volunteers and clients - people with disabilities - got
nothing from us if they had a gmail or hotmail account.

We have *no* control over this and no option to change. Spam blocking lists
are extortion that hurt innocent people.

 Stewart