[GTALUG] Software to draw illustrations?

Stewart C. Russell scruss at gmail.com
Sun Feb 10 17:19:24 EST 2019

On 2019-02-10 11:56 a.m., Giles Orr via talk wrote:

> I understand Inkscape is excellent in its domain - vector-based drawing

It is. I basically live in it, and have done for the last three years.

You *can* do photo work in it, but I don't recommend it. In the same
way, you *can* do vector work in Gimp using paths — but I really don't
recommend that, either.

I wouldn't use Inkscape for mathematics. LibreOffice equation editor is
okay, if you must. Geogebra is rather good for mathematical diagrams and
equations and is a fun program to mess around with if you're nerdly
inclined.

cheers,
 Stewart