[GTALUG] Software to draw illustrations?

Russell Reiter rreiter91 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 10 08:22:11 EST 2019

The Open Office set (Writer, Draw, Calc etc.) can get you started with WSYG
pages quite nicely. Tex & Latex were traditionally used to mark up math
notation and other txt ligature styles for printing and are well
documented. There are also a number of specialzed diagramatic tools for
scientific venn-euler formats like Mattlab and Dia.

GIMP is the mainstay swiss army knife of image compositors. However it
comes with a high learning curve and the ability to assemble massive
documents and transmogrify them into all sorts of formats.