[GTALUG] Security cams question

Howard Gibson hgibson at eol.ca
Sat Feb 9 22:23:10 EST 2019

On Sat, 9 Feb 2019 07:25:31 -0600
o1bigtenor via talk <talk at gtalug.org> wrote:

> Greetings
>
> I am looking into using a security cam to observe animal behavior in an area.

   This is not a direct response to your question, just a handy heads-up.

   I came walking hone one Thursday evening through a park across the street from my house.  I observed a Pelican case (https://www.pelican.com) up in a tree.  Someone had painted it silver and covered it in duct tape.  When I saw this I thought damn, what a good idea!  I own a bright orange Pelican case.  Any knowledgeable person seeing it can realize I spent a lot of money on a box to put something in, like my old SLR camera.  Since then, I have paid $140 for a newer one for my DSLR camera.

   On Saturday, the police cordoned the street off and called in the bomb squad.  As far as I can tell, someone spotted the case, and they called the police in panic.  If you are doing anything weird, call the police and warn them.  They may have useful tips for you!

--
Howard Gibson
hgibson at eol.ca
jhowardgibson at gmail.com